where green living, parenthood, and interiors intersect

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oral Test

In my bathroom, a simple acrylic cup holds my toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as my son's, but it's perched way up on an out-of-reach shelf and I have to get it down for him every morning and night. This is an embarrassing example of form over function, and I've realized that it's time to get his oral care products down on his level, no matter what it "looks" like. But with a pretty small vanity footprint, a counter-top toothbrush holder isn't really an option. So I'm on the hunt for a suction-mounted yet aesthetically pleasing solution. My first find was this Stag Toothbrush Holder which even clips a tube of paste, but of course.....DISCONTINUED. Ugh.
So, perhaps I go super cheap and simple with something like InterDesign's Clear Suction Toothbrush Holder (but then what about the toothpaste!?!):
This blue owl from Amazon is cute and fits right in to my home style, but same issue with not accommodating the tube.
Everloc's Suction Cup Toothbrush Holder would accommodate everything just fine (but isn't it kinda boring, folks?):
If I had the countertop space, the search would be over with this adorable Mouse Timer Toothbrush Holder from Mookla:
If I had several kids and the countertop space, I'd snag this darling Tree shaped holder from Mod Cloth:
But I've gotten way off track here. I just need to store one brush and one tube, and it needs to hang by a suction cup. This simple white option fulfills all my specs but isn't suction cup mounted and I think my landlord might mind screw holes on the side of the vanity:
I fully realize that in the grand scheme of things, this is a tiny, futile problem to have. But at the same time, in a world where it seems like you can buy ANYTHING (like the nose-shaped shower gel dispenser I came across during my search!), why can't I locate exactly what I'm looking for?!? Like the Coffee With the Mrs. blogger, I may just have to go the DIY route myself (click here to see her beautiful DIY shabby chic toothbrush holder).

No comments:

Post a Comment