Monday, September 26, 2011
Monday Color: Gold
I was too busy with my current interior design projects to post anything last week, so this week I'm making up for it by going for the gold, so to speak. Today's Monday Color is an overdose on my favorite metallic; I found so many great inspiration rooms and home accessories in this hue that I could probably highlight it for the next month. It's a daring color to use in large amounts, so I tried to focus on interiors with gold accents that are high-impact yet livable (with the exception of NYC's Gold Bar.....clearly no one could live there!). The furniture and accent pieces I found range from bold to subtle, showing the variety of ways to incorporate more shine into one's home.
1. Gold damask pattern wallpaper inset into wall panels is the perfect backdrop for this lush avocado green velvet sofa.
2. A high-impact gold leaf wall and stunning peacock blue wing back chair.
3. Gold frames and other accents get toned down by the mostly white palette of this living room found on Decor Pad.
4. What else but a gold tile tub would work in this dramatic all-black bathroom?
5. & 6. New York City's Gold Bar and a detail of its wall of gold skulls.
7. Martyn Lawrence-Bullard designed this global-inspired gold, black and white bedroom for Tamara Mellon, founder of Jimmy Choo.
8. Gold velvet vintage sofa found on Trendey Decor is an odd but perfect mix with old biology charts, modern occasional tables and wide plank floors.
9. A small space like a powder room is the perfect place for a heavy dose of gold.
10. A classic chesterfield in gold metallic leather by Springvale Leather in the UK.
11. This gold graffiti-inspired wardrobe is a custom commission by Jimmie Martin Ltd.
12. Gold Metallic Squares Pillow from pillowsandthrows.com
13. Perhaps the easiest way to introduce a flash of gold into any style interior, a gold sunburst mirror (Worlds Away Gold Sunburst Mirror from Live. Like. You.)
14. Antique gold finish Bird on a Branch Candleholders from Horchow.
15. Areaware's gold cast Banana Bowl from Amazon.
16. Bring some shine into your kids room with Zid Zid's gold metallic owl-themed ottoman.
17. Gold Metallic Hourglass from Z Gallerie (also available in silver).
18. The gold Aurora Dinnerware Collection from Viva Terra is made from recycled glass.
19. Ulu Convex Table from Jonathan Adler.