Monday, September 5, 2011
I'm cheating today. I already wrote a post on turquoise several months ago, which is basically the fraternal twin of aqua. But aqua is a little muddier, a little deeper, with an intensity all its own, making it worthy of its own coverage. It's also a color I just used in a nursery project in Manhattan, so it's all over my radar right now.
1. A living room designed by actress Julianne Moore, featuring an aqua sofa, paler blue walls and layers of textural neutrals, from The Lennoxx.
2. Found on Travel for Design, the high gloss finish on these walls is perfectly contrasted to the mellow soft aqua blue (design by Steven Gambrel) .
3. The Upper East Side Manhattan nursery that I just completed for a client's second child, marrying a soothing aqua with bold orange and clean white.
4. A few pops of aqua have a big impact in a home office that I also designed.
5. Blue Lulu rug from Madeline Weinrib.
6. West Elm's new Organic Cotton Ironwork Duvet and Shams
7. Equinox Armchair from Barlow & Tyrie with Aquarmarine Sling.
8. From the colorful Juicy Jute grasscloth collection by Philllip Jeffries, this Tantalizing Teal hue in a natural woven paper is completely unexpected.
9. Labyrinth Dinnerwear from Z Gallerie.