Monday, October 24, 2011
Monday Color: Denim
Denim?!? "Is she running out of colors here?" you may be wondering. Sort of. But it's also my birthday week and I wanted to chose a color I love that is abundant in my own life, because from blog posts to birthday cake, this week is all about ME. :)
Anyone that knows me is aware that jeans are my daily uniform whether I'm working at home, fulfilling my multitude of mom duties, out for a night on the town, or meeting with clients (I was in fact once hired by a client to design his Soho loft because I was the only candidate that showed up in jeans). Aside from a pair of faded black jeans and a true gray stretchy pair, my jeans are all a medium to dark wash, the classic indigo that comes to my mind when I think of the original Levi's from the late 1800's (like the pair of 100 year old Levi's that were dug up from a California goldmine in the photo above).
1. Denim blue walls and earthy oatmeal seating make this media room extra cozy (from House Beautiful).
2. A montage of two beautiful blue-walled rooms from She Moves the Furniture.
3. A room from www.westelm.com featuring their Recycled Denim Jute Rug.
4. A bedroom full of blues and neutrals found on Room Envy.
5. A room from a Southampton beach house designed by Kim Coleman and Michelle Green, featuring a nautical map mural by artist Lori Barnaby (found on House Beautiful).
6. Found on a blog called LeMieux Maison, the rustic wood coffee table and the denim sofa are a match made in Amanda Style Heaven!!!
7. Here's the how-to for these DIY recycled denim coasters (great for anyone who consistently hems their jeans).
8. Recycled Denim Sunburst Wall Art by Through Cat Eyes.
9. Legend Blues creates eco-friendly custom furniture, like this chair, using your old pairs of jeans!!
10. Another recycled denim furniture option: Puglia Dining Chair by dBodhi
11. Woven Recycled Denim Cot by Siddharth Hirwani, found on Inhabitat.
12. Not exactly home decor since it's hidden behind your walls, but recycled denim insulation, like this example from Bonded Logic is an eco-friendly, fiber-glass-free way to keep your home temperatures under control.
13. This Covington Katana Woven Jacquard is the perfect mix of denim blues in a tribal ikat pattern.
14. Now, I should have some of these!! Customizable pencils made from a minimum of 20% recycled denim from manufacturers waste, available from Green Earth Office Supply.
15. In a perfect shade of blue, the Spolarium two-drawer side table by Celestina Maynila New York is sheathed in denim-hued Java lizard skin and available at Barneys New York.