Tuesday, August 14, 2012
This Monday, I'm taking a short break from "color" and bringing you a big dose of Black and White for my weekly pairing. This combination runs rampant in ultra contemporary decors, but has also found its grounding in every style, from transitional to coastal.
1. Black and white rooms can easily go stiff and cold, but this living room strikes a perfect balance of contrast and warmth.
2. This black and white bedroom is easy on the eyes, with ebony nightstands, simple bedding, cowhide poofs, and abundant gray mid tones (found on www.decorationchannel.com)
3. This youthful take on black and white was one of the few kids rooms I was able to find in which the parents didn't sneak in at least another accent color, from a round-up on The Boo and the Boy.
4. Found on decor pad, I love the way the white sofa pops on the black wall, as does the stunning Roberto Dutesco photograph.
5. This bathroom found on www.housetohome.co.uk avoids starkness by sticking to the classics (i.e.: the wainscoting, the black and white floor, the black seat on white porcelain toilet).
6. A gorgeous black and white living area found in Celerie Kemble's famed book Black & White (via Casa Sugar).
7. Black and white pattern used sparingly is simultaneously playful and sophisticated, as evidenced in this bedroom found on decor pad.
8. Soft angles keep this contemporary black and white living room from being too cold.
9. Double-Sided Damask Canvas Room Divider from Wayfair.
10. Madeline Weinrib's Black and White Zig Zag Rug.
11.Reversible Montecito Bedding from Z Gallerie.
12. The Pierre Paulin Butterfly Chair puts a funky twist on this simple, timeless form (available through Hive Modern).
13. Graham & Brown's Reflection Wallpaper takes basic stripes to another level.
14. Black and White Ikat Throw Pillow from Etsy Shop pillowhomedecor.