Monday, May 30, 2011
In honor of the Memorial Day Holiday, today's Monday Color post features more than just a single hue. I've never been very patriotic (sorry to offend anyone!) and Americana decorating styles have their place, just not in my home. However, with some serious sleuthing I was able to find an abundance of red, white and blue spaces that I really loved (along with a little dormant patriotism for this special day honoring and respecting those who have fought for our freedoms here). See for yourself what this team of colors can do......
1. The advice found alongside this living room from Coastal Living is to make blue the supporting color with accents of red, as the blue tones will naturally recede and red will pop out to the naked eye.
2. I'm crazy about this nautical-inspired Hamptons living room designed by Amanda Nisbet, found on Dwellers Without Designers.
3. Trading traditional blue for turquoise, this blue and red living room is alive with color (from Living Etc, via Decor Pad).
4. From Everything Leb, the blue in this scheme is like faded denim and red is successful as the dominant color.
5. This Water Mill, NY living room features a laid-back white and wood palette paired with blue and tiny pops of red (designed by yours truly).
6. Red, white & blue themes can be very vibrant, so I love the twist of the muted slate blue and brick red in this living room found in House Beautiful.
7. Red Birdie on Blue Cotton Stripe Lumbar Pillow
8. A red, white & blue spin on the class bistro chair.
9. Fun red, white & blue alphabet decals from Wall Sticker Outlet.
10. Add a vintage nautical accent to any room with this Set of 3 Judith Edwards Wooden Bouys from Lamps Plus.
11. A little round side table is the perfect way to bring in a pop of red to a mostly blue and white room (Urban Trends 18" Red Ceramic Garden Stool).