Monday, January 9, 2012
I found my inspiration for today's Monday Color post in the recent Elle Decor spread featuring Hilary Swank's Manhattan apartment designed by Mark Zeff. Her living room is awash in accents of stony lavender against an ivory back-drop of boxy Calvin Klein sofas and a massive putty colored area rug. Plus one wall is clad in planks of reclaimed barn wood! **swoon** The overall effect is serene and airy, yet earthy and grounded, marking the beginning of my love affair with this sophisticated lavender and ivory combination.
1. A shot of Hilary Swank's living room with art and accent pillows in an ethereal lavender.
2. A darker lavender upholstered bench pops against an ivory bed and grasscloth walls (from Decor Pad).
3. From Design Shuffle, via Dream to Life, I love the infusion of color these plummy lavender chairs bring to the bone-colored walls of this dining room.
4. An ivory bed is surrounded by grayish lavender walls and touches of peach and violet throughout the room to create this restful master bedroom retreat, designed by the team at my former company re:place.
5. Pale beige walls and all-neutral furnishings are a design staple allowing allowing the addition of virtually any accent hue. In this room, a pale lavender Ikat accent pillow is the simple show piece of color, found on Real Simple.
6. Another Decor Pad find, this masculine lavender pairs well with wood tones, a mustard headboard and off-white walls. I love the vintage science chart but am not so certain I'd want to sleep beneath a bee hive!
7. From a Happy Color Combinations post on House Beautiful, this eclectic living room adds chartreuse and gold to the lavender and ivory mix. Happy indeed!
8. Anthropologie's Le Versha Chair in Plum.
9. Selati, a zebra print chenille from Osborne & Little.
10. New Hope Plum, a profusion of purple hues in an abstract painting by Randy Hibberd, available through Z Gallerie.
11. Nourison's Parallels Rug in Lavender, available from Rugs Direct.
12. The Lulu Nursery Collection from Serena & Lily.