where green living, parenthood, and interiors intersect

Friday, December 3, 2010

It's a wrap.

The holiday season seems to sneak up out of nowhere each year. Weren't my son and I tumbling around in the Long Island surf not so very long ago? In an effort to sooth my denial/shock/resistance/astonishment and because a bunch of fellow parents have suggested I do so, I am embracing the season by posting a variety of green holiday tips over the coming weeks. No grinch in this house (although if I do recall correctly, he was a lively shade of green himself!).

With Chanukkah already underway and Santa Wish Lists in final draft stage, gift giving season is no doubt upon us. I am personally anti-gift wrap, favoring discarded newspapers, magazines and fabric scraps when an outer wrapping is a must. More often than not, I just hand over a gift with a smile. This year, however, I bought some recycled paper from a fundraiser at my son's school that was even printed with non-toxic inks. Friends and relatives will certainly be shocked to receive wrapped gifts from me! This inspired me to post my Top 3 favorite earth-friendly holiday gift wrap finds, giving us all a chance to green this wasteful tradition at long last!




http://www.greendepot.com/greendepot/product.asp?prod_name=Recyled+Paper+Gift+Wrap&pf_id=WNW&dept_id=42200&s_id=0&




http://www.greenfieldpaper.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fav=0&fpage=1&categoryID=19&productID=220&cartID=1039357330




http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/holidayGiftPackaging/giftWrap?utm_medium=feed&productId=10026364&utm_source=google_products&sku=10050497

No comments:

Post a Comment