Monday, March 21, 2011
Monday Color: Robin's Egg Blue
I'm not sure if I'm inspired by the official commencement of Spring today or if I have one of my clients (loving wife of Tiffany & Co's CEO) to blame, but I'm currently falling back in love with the sweetly vintage and always cheery hue of Robin's Egg Blue right now. It imparts a simple happiness in each of the rooms and products below. It can do its thing in a kids room in a more sophisticated way than pastel blues but is vastly popular with adults as well, working seamlessly into a number of different decor styles. A robin itself boasts subdued brown or rust feathers, but lays brilliant blue-green eggs, the color of which has carried the branding for an enduring luxury goods brand and graced brilliant interiors for decades. That's a powerful egg.
1. Accents of Robin's Egg Blue are fun, yet soothing in this eclectic bedroom posted on Apartment Therapy, San Francisco.
2. A daring kitchen from Coastal Living, via Make Room for Living.
3. A group of mismatched dining chairs become a happy set in vibrant Robin's Egg Blue, via Tater Tots and Jello.
4. A tree silhouette on Robin's Egg Blue walls is both sophisticated and fun in this little girl's room, found on the Style Decor blog.
5. Brigitte Desk from Bungalow 5 in light blue.
6. Lacquer Napkin Holder in Robin's Egg Blue and Gold, by Entertaining with Caspari
7. Haviland "Laque de Chine" in Gold and Light Blue
8. Available in storage pieces, beds, bunks and more, the Robin's Egg Blue in Alexander Julian's Cottage Colours Collection is totally charming.