Monday, April 25, 2011
Monday Color: Pale Gray
The skies over Long Beach this morning were a beautiful muted silvery gray, enhanced by the light fog that rolled in and out all day (even when the sun finally broke through for the afternoon). Easily swayed by the visual world around me, I decided to pick pale gray as today's Monday Color. I use both warm and cool versions of this easy neutral in design projects all the time and find it is always a soothing hue to be surrounded by. As spare as my wardrobe is, I must have half a dozen pale gray tanks and V-necks in my closet; I guess this color is sort of the design equivelent of my favorite gray T-shirt staples.
1. A serenely organized office in an all-gray palette from Martha Stewart's Living.
2. Also from Living, I love the silvery elegance of this living room.
3. A crisp gray and white Southampton bedroom designed by Vincente Wolf.
4. A pale gray living room with a few pops of earth tones (Elle Decor image via The Enchanted Home ).
5. The Eleanor pattern from The Wallpaper Collective.
6. The classic Stockton Dinnerwear from Crate & Barrel features a wide band of dove gray.
7. The elegant 5' x 8' Tamira Rug in light gray by Surya
8. The Stokke Sleepi Bassinet & Crib Nursery Set in Gray, available through www.allmodern.com, is a contemporary alternative to white or wood toned cribs.
9. The Organic Cotton Ruched Throw in platinum from West Elm.