Monday, August 1, 2011
Monday Color: Silver
They say that every cloud has a silver lining. Having hit a few bumps in the road of life myself recently, I'm doing my best to see the silver not the storm. So I chose this powerful hue for today's Monday Color post, in the spirit of eternal optimism and storms that cleanse, but don't destroy. Take a peek below to see if your interiors could use the hint of the positive perspective and uplifting shine that only silver delivers.
1. Metallic wallpaper, complimented by blue-gray upholstery and a lucite and silver chandelier (from Decor Pad).
2. Silver crib, curtains and accents in a glamourous nursery, from Baby Lifestyles.
3. My personal favorite: metalic textured wallcoverings provide perfect contrast to rustic workspace furnishings.
4. Silver-leafed walls add richness to this room designed by Jeffrey Bilhuber, found on The French Eye blog.
5. The silver sheen of a silk rug and velvet upholstery dresses up this otherwise traditional interior, found on nissandra.com.
6. Wide metallic silver stripes are a modern touch in this serene bedroom.
7. Daring silver upholstered pieces make an eclectic mix with these unique vintage finds.
8. Classic architectural paneling gets a funky makeover with a coat of silver paint, below metallic accent wallpaper, found on Bite Home.
9. Haute House Sequin Safari Ottomans from Neiman Marcus.
10. Antiqued mercury glass and silvery brown shade make up Crate & Barrel's Jolie Table Lamp.
11. Silk dupioni pillow cover with silver beading from The Home Centric on Etsy.
12. Mirrored Dresser from Anthropologie.
13. Zuo Modern's funky Aristocrat Sofa in silver leatherette, from www.homeclick.com