Monday, November 14, 2011
Monday Color: Corn
Have I mentioned that Fall is my favorite season and how excited I am for Thanksgiving? OK, maybe just about in every post. But what can I say? This is my time of year! I sort of ignore the historical origins of the Thanksgiving holiday and embrace the fact that it's the one annual tradition for which we don't give Hallmark cards or a slue of presents.....we just come together with family and friends to enjoy life and eat great food. And when I think of Thanksgiving, I immediately think of my mother's corn pudding, specifically the slightly crispy burned corner piece I always manage to snag from the pan. It's pure edible heaven.
For today's Monday Color post, I thought I'd take corn out of my mother's Pyrex dish and into the home, exploring how the warm honey-toned yellow color of Corn can make a room more delicious too.
1. I love the many golden hues in this room from Better Homes and Gardens (India) via Once Upon A Time.
2. A cornucopia of warm yellow accessories found on Decor Pad.
3. The corn-colored upholstery against these charcoal walls is a daring yet brilliant combination (via Hammers and High Heels).
4. No art required!!! These harvest-hued painted vintage frames bring enough character to any wall (found on Somthings).
5. A corn-colored room vignette found on Apt 528.
6. The vintage charm of a corn-colored sofa from Velvet Palette.
7. I adore the warm array of pillows, natural textures and the sunshine-infused rug in this Umbrian cottage found on The Style Files.
8. Corn, white and plenty of pattern make this bedroom feel inviting and sweet.
9. Just one serving of corn is plenty (like on this bed found on Involving Color).....wish I could remember that before heading back for 2nd and 3rd helpings next week!
10. These are going on my Christmas Wish List for sure!! Owl Measuring Cups in Yellow from West Elm.
11. Les Indiennes' eco-friendly Papillon fabric in Gold.
12. Combining the colors of earth and corn, the Akina Vase from Crate & Barrel would be a great way to introduce this color to any room.
13. Urban Outfitters Ziggy Chair in Yellow.
14. Coyuchi's organic cotton Bath Sheets in Mustard and 10 other sumptuous colors.
15. A great Thanksgiving decoration idea from good ole Martha: Glittered Corn!! For the how-to, click here.
16. These fingerless gloves aren't a home decor item per se, but the color is delicious and I'm very likely to wear them indoors with the drafts my little beach shack suffers from (from Etsy).
17. Schoolhouse Electric's Hamilton Bed in Industrial Yellow