Monday, November 7, 2011
Monday Color: Russet
The leaves are changing colors rapidly, making me long to hit the open country road (in a Russet Brown MG Midget like the one above preferably!). Crisp Autumn air accompanies every nightfall. And the delights of Thanksgiving are just around the corner.
Fall, my favorite season, is most certainly in full swing!! And Russet, one of my favorite colors, is beginning to tinge everything around me, from holiday decor to the seasonal bounty at the Farmers Market to the Fall wardrobe staples I just unearthed in my closet. Feast your eyes on the many ways that Russet can warm up a whole room or just a table setting in my weekly color tribute below.
1. A top-to-bottom Russet guest room for a model apartment I designed in Manhattan.
2. A living room designed by Vincente Wolf pairs warm Russet with cool slate blue.
3. The warm yellow walls of this bedroom are the perfect compliment to the Russet rug and abundant wood tones in this bedroom found on Martha Stewart.
4. Regal golds and Russet walls in a traditionally styled show house living room found on The Enchanted Home.
5. Coral and Russet abound in this bedroom found on Home Decor Walls.
6. The warm wood covering every surface of this sleeping quarters have a Russet glow (from Coastal Living).
7. An inspiring tablescape featuring Russet roses and pumpkin tea light holders, found on www.dreamweddingreceptions.com.
8. Available in 8x10, 11x14 or 16x20, this photograph called Russet and Peach Patched Building found on Etsy delivers a full spectrum of warm Russet hues.
9. Mikasa's Desert Breeze 4 Piece Place Setting from Bed Bath & Beyond.
10. Luster Russet Tones Rug by Calvin Klein (available at Macy's)
11. Criss Cross Glazed Garden Stool from Clayton Gray Home.
12. Solid Silk Hand Loomed Pillow Cover in Canteloupe (and 3 other neutral hues) from West Elm.
13. Antique Red Wuchow Three-Drawer File Console from Home Decorators.