Monday, January 31, 2011
Monday Color: Turquoise
Happy Monday!! It's time to feature another color and today I chose turquoise. Likely influenced by my winter daydreams of tropical blue waters, cheery aqua tones are showing up everywhere on my design radar right now. It was a hit color of 2010 but I feel its lure is timeless, a unique blue that is both sophisticated and uplifting. The turquoise stone has long been believed to draw out negativity and help you stay in a place of love and connectedness with others. Glancing at the rooms below, it seems like the hue itself has some of these same uplifting powers.
1. image from www.houseofturquoise.com
2. image from inspirebohemia.blogspot.com
3. a room I designed in a Manhattan apartment in 2010 featuring bold turquoise and subdued grays and creams
4. a living/dining room from a 2005 design project showing just how much my love of this color has certainly endured!!
5. image from www.apartmenttherapy.com
6. photo by Lisa Romerein, from www.coastalliving.com
7. Lamp Works Recycled Glass Table Lamp from www.rugsusa.com
8. Handmade Moroccan Poof in turquoise from John Derian.
9. 100% organic cotton Thick & Thirsty Towels in Lagoon from Gaiam.